Well hello readers! Think I’m kidding myself there really, as if anyone will really ever see or take any notice of my ramblings.
Ahead of my Jan 1st watershed I wanted to put down in writing why I have decided that I no longer want booze in my life.
- I am fed up with booze controlling my life. Where I go, when I go, how I do things. They are all controlled by the thought of how much booze can I get down my neck. Last night I had to make 5 cans of Stella last for about 5 hours because I knew that if I said I wanted to go and get more it would cause an argument, and rightly so.
- I hate the thought that I am constantly poisoning my body. Why would I do this? I don’t do it with any other substance. I find it totally inconceivable that I would poison my body with nicotine or cannabis or any other stimulant. It just doesn’t make any sense.
- Money!! Now there’s another point. How much money have I pissed away in the last 10 years? A conservative guess would be £60,000! That would have been enough for a big deposit on a house….where is the sense? I need to stop being so fucking selfish and allow my wife to stop worrying that she can’t afford new clothes just in case I decide to go on the piss again.
- I want my relationship with my wife to be so much more than us just going up the pub again and her sitting there wondering how much more I am going to drink. I have finally found someone that I truly love and I really don’t want to mess things up again.
- I really want to get much fitter. I know that I can do it and I have done it before. I have come to the realisation that it will not happen while I am a drinker.
So there you have my top 5 reasons. I know that booze does nothing for me. I have read all the research and listened to all the videos and audiobooks. Now it is time to do something about it.
I know that Jan 1 is a rather clichéd time to be stopping drinking and that it coincides with ‘dryathlon’ etc. but it just feels right. We are going to watch the sunrise on New Years Day to signify the start of something bigger and better. So until then dear reader enjoy the holiday period and have a good new years eve and I’ll blog again on New Years Day.