Well hello readers! Think I’m kidding myself there really, as if anyone will really ever see or take any notice of my ramblings.
Ahead of my Jan 1st watershed I wanted to put down in writing why I have decided that I no longer want booze in my life.
- I am fed up with booze controlling my life. Where I go, when I go, how I do things. They are all controlled by the thought of how much booze can I get down my neck. Last night I had to make 5 cans of Stella last for about 5 hours because I knew that if I said I wanted to go and get more it would cause an argument, and rightly so.
- I hate the thought that I am constantly poisoning my body. Why would I do this? I don’t do it with any other substance. I find it totally inconceivable that I would poison my body with nicotine or cannabis or any other stimulant. It just doesn’t make any sense.
- Money!! Now there’s another point. How much money have I pissed away in the last 10 years? A conservative guess would be £60,000! That would have been enough for a big deposit on a house….where is the sense? I need to stop being so fucking selfish and allow my wife to stop worrying that she can’t afford new clothes just in case I decide to go on the piss again.
- I want my relationship with my wife to be so much more than us just going up the pub again and her sitting there wondering how much more I am going to drink. I have finally found someone that I truly love and I really don’t want to mess things up again.
- I really want to get much fitter. I know that I can do it and I have done it before. I have come to the realisation that it will not happen while I am a drinker.